Why Ale House Is One of the Best Restaurants and Bars Near the Plaza
The Country Club Plaza is truly one of the gems of Kansas City. With a variety of shopping, eating, and drinking establishments, you and your friends can easily spend a day meandering through the Spanish-style architecture and enjoying the numerous beautiful fountains.
But, another reason the Plaza is so great? It’s incredibly close to the heart of nightlife in Kansas City: the Westport district.
If you’re looking for the best restaurants in the Kansas City Plaza, you have plenty of choices — but there are just as many great options right up the road. Whether you’re planning an upcoming day on the Plaza or you’re already there, don’t forget about Westport. You may find some of the best places to eat in the Kansas City Plaza area tucked away up here.
The very best spot? Westport Ale House.
Looking for Bars and Restaurants in the Kansas City Plaza Area? What About Ale House?
Westport Ale House may not be the first to come to mind when you consider Kansas City Plaza bars and restaurants. But, with only a four-minute drive separating Ale House from the Country Club Plaza, it’s the perfect place to end your adventures. If you (and your wallet) are looking for a break from the upscale environment of the Plaza, Westport Ale House is the perfect place to come.
Here, you and your friends can hang in a more relaxing spot, whether it’s to refuel after a day of shopping or unwind with a drink or two. You’ll still be in the heart of Kansas City, even though you’re not at a restaurant at the Plaza in Kansas City, Mo. You can start your evening off right in the entertainment center of south Kansas City, or you can quickly hop back down to the Plaza whenever you’re ready.
Whatever your plans for your day, Westport Ale House is always happy to have you.
Why Ale House is One of the Best Restaurants in the Kansas City Plaza Area
Sure, Westport Ale House may not technically be one of the restaurants and bars on the Plaza in Kansas City, but it’s as close as you can get. Located on the corner of Archibald and Broadway, Ale House sits at the edge of Westport’s main bar district — but still within walking distance to the party.
As we all know, a day at the Plaza can be exhausting. When you’re hungry and ready to relax, restaurants in the Plaza district in Kansas City can fill up with guests quickly and charge you high prices. But, here at Westport Ale House, we’ve got plenty of seating — and plenty of deals to keep your wallet happy.
So, why should Ale House be one of your go-to restaurants in the Plaza area in Kansas City?
- Classic pub fare at an affordable price: Here at Ale House, we’ve got something for everyone. Whether that’s pizza, wings, or sandwiches, you can please the most diverse of tastes. Oh, and with different drink and food specials, your bank account will thank you.
- A rooftop bar: There’s no better place to be in Westport than on our rooftop bar. Here, you can order food and drink from our fully stocked, full-service bar. Nothing pairs better with a drink than the fresh Kansas City air and our restaurant’s views of the surrounding Westport area.
- The ideal sports bar environment: With more than 50 big-screen TVs, Ale House will always have the game you’re looking for. Watch your local teams in a more casual environment than you’ll find in the sports bars on the Plaza in Kansas City. Follow us on social media for announcements of gameday hours and specials.
- Live music on the weekends: Ale House is happy to host local DJs on the weekends. So, put your dancing shoes on and come on down for an experience you certainly won’t find at any of the restaurants on the Country Club Plaza.
Oh, and if you’re looking for restaurants in the Kansas City Plaza area that deliver, we’ve got you covered there, too.
Other Kansas City Plaza Bars and Restaurants
When you’re considering your options for restaurants and bars on the Plaza in Kansas City, you should ask yourself a few questions: What kind of vibe am I looking for? Do I want a full meal or a drink and some snacks? How far away am I willing to drive?
To aid in your decision-making process, we’ve gathered a few of our favorite restaurants and bars near the Country Club Plaza. They’re each unique in their own way, so you can find the one that is just right for your needs at this time:
- The Fall: Looking for a bar unlike any other? Check out The Fall, the newest endeavor by the team behind Westport Ale House. Step into Ale House’s basement to immerse yourself in a fantasy world straight out of Wonderland, where expert bartenders stand ready to craft unique, eclectic cocktails for your taste buds. It’s also the perfect place to grab your new profile picture.
- Rye on the Plaza: Rye is one of the best restaurants in the Kansas City Plaza and the perfect place to stop after a day of shopping and exploring. As the name suggests, you can indulge in some of the finest whiskey and bourbon, accompanied by classics like their famous fried chicken.
- JJ’s Restaurant: If you’re looking for date restaurants on the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, Missouri, you can’t go wrong with JJ’s. It’s been a staple on the Plaza for more than 30 years, serving contemporary American cuisine and high-quality libations to thousands of Kansas City residents. JJ’s Restaurant is certainly not to be missed.
We know it can be hard to decide between restaurants in the Kansas City Plaza area, so we’ll try to make it easy for you: Stop on by Westport Ale House whenever the mood strikes to find out what you’re missing. We’ll be happy to have you.